Lead Programmer – Yorkshire
Type: Full Time
Lead Programmer – YorkshireRole Overview:
Our client in Yorkshire, UK is looking for a Lead or Senior Programmer to join their internal development teams working on established and new IP’s going through Steam Early Access and also onto Xbox One and PS4. This role involve managing 2-3 people.
We have a need for an experienced developer to help both our internal teams develop even better games and provide support for our external partners with a wide range of services.
The successful applicant will report to the Head of Programming and the project Producer, assessing risk from a technical point of view and providing appropriate solutions. They will be responsible for mentoring other programmers within the department. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively with all team members to ensure deadlines are achievable whilst projecting a professional and positive approach.
• 5+ years working in the games industry
• Excellent working knowledge of C++
• Experience working on gameplay systems and be able to solve technical problems around this
• Able to communicate clearly especially when relating to technical issues
• Ability to manage others within a team, producing schedules and maintaining a clear communication path for issues as needed.
• Knowledge of console programming
• Knowledge of mobile programming and associated languages
• Highly competitive salary plus excellent benefits package
This job will involve a 2 step interview process.