Lead Programmer – Dundee
Type: Full Time
Lead Programmer – DundeeRole Overview:
About the Role
Our client is looking for a highly skilled and hard working individual with experience of at least one shipped title and comfortable in a variety of programming environments.
The role will involve the development of games across a variety of platforms, primarily mobile and tablet.
The successful candidate is required to work closely with other team members, especially those on their programming team, leading by example to ensure a high level of programming standards are achieved and maintained across their project. The Lead Game Programmer is also responsible for delivering their project on time and to the highest industry standards.
They must also demonstrate leadership, initiative, and an ability to both learn new skills and techniques and communicate that learning to the wider programming team.
• Good degree in computer science or equivalent.
• Detailed knowledge of development tools and techniques relating to game development across a wide variety of platforms.
• Experience of game development using C++.
• Good understanding of Java, JNI, Objective-C and C# a distinct advantage.
• Strong maths and 3D programming skills a distinct advantage.
• Ability to work both individually and lead a small team.
• Working knowledge of the game development process.
Candidates must have at least one shipped title and will ideally have 3+ years of experience working on PC, console, handheld or mobile gaming platforms.
• Deliver accurate time estimates for the programming tasks on a project for scheduling purposes.
• Ensure project deliverables are finished on time and to the highest possible quality standards.
• Organise and delegate all programming tasks on the project team based on the best use of available resources.
• Communicate project requirements, technical strategy and implementation approach on an ongoing basis with the programming team.
• Ensure the programming team are adhering to programming standards and lead and manage code review.
• Organise deliverable content for internal and external deliverables, ensuing deliverable are to specification and on time.
• Identify problems and suggest work around solutions before they impact project delivery.
• Demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills. Setting an example for the rest of your team.
• Support the project in the creation of required documents, attending client meetings/conference calls and demonstration of the project where required.
Does this sound interesting? Please forward your CV to Natalie.email@example.com and one of consultants will be in touch