Jobs List << Back
Level Designer – Stockholm, Sweden – Salary DOE
A Stockholm based Studio is currently looking for a Level Designer to work on an exciting and unique high-profile unannounced AAA title. You will work with some of the industry’s most exciting technology and talented individuals.
As a Level Designer you will be responsible for designing and implementing gameplay logic and blocking out of core level geometry, iterating from sketches to grayboxing through to a final version of the level. A level designer is also responsible for designing and scripting AI behaviors which ground the characters within their context.
You’ll work closely with game designers, programmers and artists to create level flowcharts, walkthroughs and maps. Other core responsibilities include investigating new features, brainstorming ideas and documenting content plans to script game events. As a level designer you should be able to master new toolsets quickly and have strong problem solving skills.
• 3+ years industry experience as a Level Scripter or Level Designer
• Two or more game titles shipped as a Level Scripter or Level Designer
• Passion for creating the best possible gameplay experience
• Experience from working within editors e.g. Source, Unreal, Crytek Sandbox or similar
• Experience working with common AI technology such as state machines or behavior trees
• You’re articulate, have strong conceptual skills and the ability to communicate your ideas visually and verbally
• Good communication skills and experience working in a team environment
• Experience with Havok AI and Animation
• Experience from working with action planners, behavior trees and obstacle avoidance algorithms
• Experience from working with navmesh generation, tessellation, voxelization, CSG operations
• Experience from working with character scripting, animation state machines, animation blending and similar techniques
• Experience from tools development using QT, python or wxWidgets
We can offer you a varied job where you work closely with a fun and experienced team with extremely competent people in a highly specialized and unique development environment. You will have unique possibilities to have big influence on today’s and tomorrow’s game development.
To apply for this position please send a detailed CV and cover letter. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm, Sweden.
To apply for this job...
Enter your email address, check the appropriate box, and then hit the 'Apply' button.
If you are an exiting Change candidate, make sure you use your registered email address.
If you you would like to apply for multiple jobs, add them to your favourites and then use the 'Submit CV' link in the favourites box.